The Inbox Art Association in independent, non-partisan and non-governmental civil society
association founded in 2006 in Novi Sad. We promote and develop culture and arts in local
community, foster international dialogue and contemporary art scene through cooperation with
similar associations, institutions and individuals on local, national and international level. We
believe that culture and arts reveal meaning, value and character of a community, and have a
potential to enhance evolution and development of the community’s character with spectrum of
social values within and around it.
The most important programmes and projects of the Inbox association are:
- Простор (THE SPACE) - In September 2018. Inbox Art Association opened a creative center in The Suburbium of The Petrovaradin Fortress. Простор is envisioned as a new center for cultural production in Petrovaradin, a research center and a learning hub for: arts, IT, performance arts, music, new media. A place of chance encounters and networking for various organizations centered on the same idea: the revitalization of the Suburbium. A co-working place and a place for lectures, workshops, exhibitions, conferences etc.
- The Street Musicians festival (2006-today) - an international project which gathers artists
from all over the world – musicians, new circus troupes, conceptual artists, theatrical
companies, acrobats etc. A great outdoor artistic workshop where both artists and the
audience participate equally. Festival is supported by the City of Novi Sad, Province of
Vojvodina, Ministry of Culture of Serbia, and Embassies of United Stations, Hungary, France,
Israel, Italy, France and many corporate and individual donors.
- European project Circus as a way of life (2012-2015) – Support to marginalized and
underprivileged young people, in particular Roma, through its social, educative and
professional integration by means of social circus work and street theatre. Project is
implemented with the support of EACEA and Ministry of Culture of Serbia and Erste Stiftung
- OPEN UP project (2013-2014) – promotion of contemporary Roma culture. Project is
completed with the support of Open Society foundation.
- Extreme makeover (2010) - cultivating the neglected areas in the urban parts of Novi Sad with
artist Guillaume Alby (France) who painted a big mural in the centre of the city. Project is
realized with the support of the City of Novi Sad and Swiss Cultural Program Helvetia.
- Advertising space (2010) – In situ project with artist Igor Antić in the centre of Novi Sad.
Project is realized with the support of the City of Novi Sad.
- ARTelečki (2009) – cultivating the neglected areas in the urban parts of the town (murals,
street art actions). Project is realized with the support of the City of Novi Sad and Swiss
Cultural Program Helvetia.
- Memories of movement (2008) – 12 days long residence programme including presentation,
lectures, workshops with 3 Italian dancers and performers. Project is completed with the
support of the City of Novi Sad.
- Empty experimentation (2008) – 7 days long in situ project in public spaces with modern
dancers. Project is realized with the support of the City of Novi Sad.
All rights reserved © Inbox Art Association 2018